What other steps do I need to take before move in?
- Once your application is approved, you can schedule a move-in date with the leasing agent. If the move-in is over 2 weeks away, we may require a holding fee and/or for the lease to be signed ahead of time.
- The first step is to fill out an application. There are links to the application on the top and bottom of this page. We have separate applications for domestic and international applicants.
- You will have the option to choose a specific unit, if you know specifically which one you’re interested in. We request copies of identification and proof of income, which are required to be uploaded to the application.
- The applications are typically processed within 2 business days. We will reach out if we need any additional information or documentation, and when you are approved or denied.
- When you sign your lease, you can expect a packet that contains copies of the Landlord-Tenant Laws, an application for the need-based Seattle City Light discounted utilities program, and information on the Seattle noise ordinances, lead-based paint, recycling, and our smoke-free policy.
- This packet will also provide you with your account number, needed to sign up for your online account. This is how you’ll access up-to-date information on charges and account balances. If applicable, you’ll also receive a parking permit.
- A move-in inspection is your opportunity to record any damage present at the start of your tenancy. The security deposit for your apartment will be used to cover damages left when you move out, with any remainder returned to you afterwards. It’s your chance to make sure you’re not held responsible for something we may have missed.